Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Hot and bothered...

So, the past couple have days have been so FULL I can barely think straight! ...Not to mention that it's been about 100 degrees (!) in LA for the past several days and we don't have air conditioning in the new house that we're renovating....YET! Phew!

(¯`'•.¸(¯`'•.¸(¯`'•.¸ * * *¸.•'´¯)¸.•'´¯)¸.•'´¯)

Yesterday we spent some time looking at storefronts. Mike and I have been thinking for some time about opening a store....
When I lived in NYC, I researched stores in the East Village as I wanted to open a store there, ...but soon after, decided instead to move to L.A.. In hindsight, it was the best move ever because only 2 months after I moved, the events on 9/11 occurred many many businesses there suffered and/or went under.
Anyway, this was my favourite of the ones we saw yesterday:
Sweet store front, huh? ...with the roll up garage doors and modern feel. I have great ideas for this one! It used to be a restaurant... We could have a store and cafe! So many visions going thru my head!
Only thing is that the rent per month is more than our mortgage!
haha...What can I say...? I have expensive taste!
Needless to say, we're gonna keep looking.

(¯`'•.¸(¯`'•.¸(¯`'•.¸ * * *¸.•'´¯)¸.•'´¯)¸.•'´¯)

My other projects have been keeping me busy. I used to sell so many of the bookmarks that I've posted on Etsy recently that I've decided to make more with other beads.
I was excited to find these beads today as I'm very picky about the ones I use. They have to be glass and they have to be GORGEOUS or I won't touch them.
These faceted glass beads remind me of the circus for some reason with all the colours. Fun, huh?
**sigh**
Now, back to work...
xxx
Raven

No comments: