Sunday, May 18, 2008

Pretty Things Spotlight: * ElisabethSpace *

Update: The winner of the Lou Lou necklace by ElisabethSpace is SHERRY G.!

CONGRATULATIONS!

◦ ○◦○ ◦


With inspiration taken from the most incidental places and
things, jewelry by ElisabethSpace is free-spirited and beautiful in its balance and contradiction.

"I do love to keep each piece tantalizing with a smattering of color or an air of organic timelessness..."




Gentle yet whimsical shapes noted with colour capture a
Bohemian attitude. With nuanced differences, each piece captures clarity, drama, individuality and a casual yet elegant style appropriate for a picnic in the park or a night out on the town.






Spotlight: ElisabethSpace


Tell us a bit about yourself…
Hello! I'm Elisabeth Percival from the lovely Midwest, Omaha, NE to be precise. Me: *bespeckled with freckles* *first time befuddled homeowner* *wear sandals whenever possible* *love my green eyes* *any cheese is a good cheese* *difficult to hear in noisy places* *lover of learning* *novice photographer* *



What inspires you?
My inspirations are always changing. Generally, silly whims and happy accidents set the course for a number of my designs. Frequently, I find myself drawn to a particular color for ridiculously long time, more often than not, some lush shade of blue or green. While I sometimes wish I was the type of artist that could plan out a design with sketches and finite notions, I usually like to plop down at my table when I'm feeling creative and simply play with the jumble of color and metal surrounding me. It's all rather willy-nilly, but that seems to be how I create my favorite pieces.


Apart from creating things, what do you do for fun?
In addition to the tried and true responses such as vacationing, reading, and cooking, I also enjoy soy lattes or double italianos, quality time on my charming, beeaauuutiful covered porch, snacking by the computer, tooling around on my bicicleta, and making my wee nephew giggle. Free-flowing conversation with quality people makes my day. Discovering new music (The Republic Tigers, The Avett Brothers, Fleet Foxes...) makes the world a better place.

What has been your most memorable moment selling your art?
A lovely woman in Australia found me online and wanted me to construct a necklace with beads that came from a necklace that had been her grandmother's. Her kind words about my art and her trust in my ability to work with her beloved beads struck me as something special.

Any advice for fellow artists...
Always remember to nurture the child within you. Don't worry about "shoulds" Buy the basics for your art or craft at the best possible prices, but be willing to splurge on something special or out of the ordinary. Never force things. Get inspired by all the other innovative ideas to be found on Etsy.com and Flickr.com. Try to stay organized; creating out of cluttered chaos hampers flow.


Fun question: If you could travel anywhere, where would it be and why?
While I would love to be able to see a number of places all over this beautiful, eclectic world, if I was to travel somewhere right now I would go to Eureka, California to visit my dear friend whom I miss a great deal.

Anything else you'd like to add about yourself or your work...
Outside of a couple summer metal smithing classes, I'm self-taught in my craft. I strongly
believe that continuing to create my jewelry is a ways for my imagination to grow and stay fresh. Whatever direction it takes me is one I am happy to explore.

Shop: http://ElisabethSpace.etsy.com


(¯`'•.¸(¯`'•.¸(¯`'•.¸ * ◦ *¸.•'´¯)¸.•'´¯)¸.•'´¯)

Enter this week's give-a-way!

Elisabeth is giving away one of her prettiest pretties...The beautiful Lou Lou necklace in vintage brass!



The surface of this piece has been given a light brushing, enough for added character, but not so much as to ruin the fine detailing. The chain is a delicate brass peanut chain with a high quality gold filled trigger clasp.









How to enter:
Peek into the ElisabethSpace shoppe and peruse her fine lovelies. Then, comment here on your most favourite piece.

Most Important Details:
If your favourite piece is not part of your comment and/or some sort of viable contact information is not included, your entry will be disqualified. Winner has 3 days to contact me with their address. Give-a-way is shipped out via the artist. The winner's name will be drawn from a hat...the good ole' fashioned way to do things. One entry per person. All entries must be received by noon Sunday, May 25th, 2008, PST. This contest is open to everyone.


Best of luck to you, my Pretties!


22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Her shoppe ia amazing! If I had to choose I would say the Whirl-vintage brass butterfly necklace
is my favorite. There was something in it stunning simplicity that called to me. I think its gorgeous:)

The Stewart Stuff said...

Beautiful jewelry! Great feature. I wish you lots of luck and tons of sales!

-10oneworld on etsy
-Jennifer in real life

Bunny B said...

Oooh! I love the LouLou necklace - that is so my MIL's style!!! :) I'd love to win that for her. As for my fave, I love the Lit Earrings -- blue flash labradorite. All her other earrings and necklaces are pretty too!! Thanks Raven!

x

Elizabeth said...

The Sati necklace is my favorite!
Elizabeth has a very unique style for her jewelry.

Anonymous said...

Love all your stuff especially the gracieux necklace!!!

windycindy said...

Hi, Her site is wonderful. I like many of her earrings! My favorite piece of jewelry on her site is the
"Bound Circles Sterling Necklace!" I like the simplicity of it and I love hammered jewelry. Please enter me in your drawing. I appreciate it! Many thanks.....Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

Anonymous said...

The Sati Necklace is stunning!!

Anonymous said...

I do really find myself attracted to both the Wisp and the Perennial Earrings. They are just beautiful!

Petra
quietstorm4951@yahoo.com

Little Lovables said...

She has gorgeous work. It's tough choosing, but I am going to have to go with her bound circles sterling necklace as my favorite!

Sherry Goodloe said...

I love the Whirl-vintage brass butterfly necklace!

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Beautiful things! My favorite is really the Loulou necklace! So pretty!
Becky

Anonymous said...

I like both the sati and the loulou necklace, so I'll just post the link to one here:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10225781

Thanks for introducing me to this shop.:) Its lovely!

GemsByEm said...

I'm really into the Fetching Necklace here: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10322866

I love the red tones...gorgeous!

-Em
http://gemsbyem.etsy.com

Photography by Melzy said...

Such lovely work! Awesome shop!
Hard to choose just one!
But since I love the colors of autumn, I say the Fetching Necklace is my favorite!

Good luck everyone!

Lisa said...

My fave is definately the Blue Eyes earrings

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=7148170

so lovely!

http://www.baremaked.blogspot.com
http://www.maked.etsy.com

Smashgirl said...

Choose one favorite? This was really tough for me! I love her shop!!! Ok, it will be the Charmed Necklace, it's stunning!
Thanks for introducing me to a new shop!

Anonymous said...

beautifully exquisitely crafted pieces of work! wishing you all the best ;)

Catherine said...

I had the HARDEST time choosing a favorite. All of Elisabeth's work is lovely. Flowering...Blue Eyes...Antoinette - all my color combo.

I guess my favorite is "Blue Eyes," but only by a smidge.

CatherineMarissa on Etsy

Caitlin said...

How lovely!
My favorite would have to be the Bees Knees earrings. So vibrant and sparkling!

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=5697481

CaitiJo on etsy. :D

jessica said...

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=11192533

This is gorgeous!

You have such a beautiful shop, and this was such a nice feature. I'll be hearting you and coming back soon!

-Jessica

Raven said...

This contest give-a-way is now closed.

The winner of the Lou Lou necklace by ElisabethSpace is SHERRY G.!


CONGRATULATIONS!

xxx
Raven

Sherry Goodloe said...

Yippee! I'm a winner! Thank you so much. I have posted about my winning necklace on my blog and have included links to your blog and to Elisabeth's etsy shop. The more the merrier right?! xoxox Sherry