Saturday, November 10, 2007

From Nobody to Somebody...

Today is a day for a "Raven Rant" on The Dirt!
Yeah, I suppose I should be posting my art, but lately I'm on a celeb gossip kick and I can't help myself, so here goes...

One of my fave celeb. gossips sites forever is GoFugYourself.
If you've not had the chance to check it out, consider this your golden, embossed, hand-delivered by a hot babe in a g-string invitation to do so. You will love it as much as I do, I guarantee it...well, mabie not THAT much, but you WILL enjoy it.

(¯`'•.¸(¯`'•.¸(¯`'•.¸ * * *¸.•'´¯)¸.•'´¯)¸.•'´¯)

Today's hand-picked amusement is Kim Kardashian, whom we wouldn't have ever ever heard of if it weren't for the fact that's she's bloody rich , BFFs with none other than Paris Hilton and, oh yeah, made a sex tape too! *Raven rolls eyes* In fact, Kim AND her entire family now have their own reality show on E! no thanks to Ryan Seacreast.

Here is the blurb on Ms. Kardashian from GoFugYourself. Have a laugh!

Fugging Up With the Kardashians

An Open Letter to Kim Kardashian:


Dear Kim,

Okay. Enough. We get it. We all get it. The whole world was cc'ed on your memo. You are hot. Hot hot hot. Hot like fire. Hot like lava. Hot like the flames on the side of my face that erupt when I think about how I'm now supposed to find you interesting enough to have a reality show. Message received.

And here's a little message for you, just a little tip, something that I think will serve you well in years to come: When we can all essentially see the seams of your Spanx, it WON'T HURT YOU TO GO UP A SIZE. No one can see the tag on your dress but you and the individual who unzips you at night! And if that person makes some kind of sizing-related commentary, you best eject him or her from your boudoir and consider that time saved. So, unless you've accepted a position as the spokesmodel for Casey's Sausage Casings and Meat Accessories, there is absolutely no need for you to go out in something this tight, and it actually seems like it might be injurious to your internal organs. Let's give the girls a little breathing room, shall we?

[Photo: infdaily.com]





(¯`'•.¸(¯`'•.¸(¯`'•.¸ * * *¸.•'´¯)¸.•'´¯)¸.•'´¯)


My BFFs and I...[and granted, we are nobodies and like it like that] are often amused by the VAST number of people who become famous out of nowhere, because of who they are dating, who they are related to, who they have "done", etc...

Here are some of my favourite examples :
  • Paris Hilton herself - Born into an uber-rich hotel dynasty, she was virtually unknown until she let a sex tape of herself out into the public...and, trust me, she KNEW what she was doing.
  • Nicole Ritchie - Yeah, she was adopted by Lionel, but was a nobody until she teamed up with Paris.
  • Alexis Stewart - We all LOVE Martha, but Alexis is only known now 'cuz of her mum, who puts her in her magazines and in her television commercials.
  • Beth Ostrosky - Shagging Howard Stern brought this model into the spotlight. Oh, goodie for her! She's no Linda Evangelista in my eyes. [pic at right]
  • Kevin Federline - He helped make Britney Spears the mess that she is and gave her 2 kids to corrupt as well.
  • Shar Jackson - Kevin Federline's ex who also has kids to him and several other guys. She's now an actress and rap star! Ok, fairly, she was on "Moesha" and some other shows, but seriously, wasn't a household name until Britney shagged Kevin and "stole" him away from her.
  • Kato Kaelin - OJ Simpon's pool boy...ok, ok, ...."house guest"
  • One of my faves: Petra Nemcova...she was hurt in the Thai tsunami and now has her own television series and 15 minutes of fame. She's no Linda Evangelista either! [photo: right]
  • And, possibly my ALL TIME fave "Nobody to Somebody" is Elisabeth Hasselbeck...former "Survivor" contestant and now a co-host on "The View". I don't get it at all! Can someone PLEASE explain her popularity?? I don't want to hear her "view" and I don't need to know what's she's doing on her maternity leave, feeding her daughter Grace, wearing to meet the President or doing with her famous quarterback hubby.
Is it just me...or do these "Nobodies to Somebody" irk you too? I know I've left out a lot...like Anne Heche [got down with Ellen Degeneres], Tila Tequila [got nekked on MySpace], Esme [sang in her bedroom on You Tube], etc... but you get the gist. I've posted some of my faves.

I'm off my soap box -for now- and off to do something meaningful....

xxx
Raven

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*rolls eyes*
--can't believe i missed this before.

Yeah, sometimes I'm really amazed at how people "make it". Paris, Kim K's entire family really, etc... Oh, and actresses like Rosario Dawson also come to mind.